Cats I Have Known
Click photo to see full image. Right-click photo and "Save image as" to download.
Kuttie (2004-2021) and Regina (2004-2019)
- Kuttie, my latest kitty companion of nearly 17 years passed away on March 6, 2021. Her housemate, Regina, passed away on December 16, 2019.
- I've included several photos below. Photos and additional videos of me talking and singing to the cats are on Google Photos:https://photos.app.goo.gl/PMA77vzTaAMaz3hc8
- Regina and Kuttie were adopted a few days apart from Humane Society Silicon Valley in October, 2004. Both were born "on the street" in San Jose and brought to the shelter. I kept their shelter names because I decided they worked for me.
- I called Regina a "Tabbyssinian," or part grey tabby and part Abyssinian. The Abby side gave her ticked fur and an overly caffeinated personality. In her younger years she LOVED to chase sponge balls and would spike them like a volleyball player -- except when I would try to demonstrate to friends (see videos). Some personal nicknames included Ms. Regina, Greygina, Grey Kitty, pooperama, squishy kitty, stretchy kitty, Mizz the Bug. Several years ago, Regina walked on my keyboard to create this new emoticon. My impression is a winking chicken with fashionable beret: /.;>
- Kuttie was part Maine Coon, tortoiseshell colored (orange from the front and black from the back), very plushy, and would purr on any provocation. She migrated to wherever I was in the house, moving from basket to perch to boxtop on the dining table. She didn't always get along with Regina (or other people) because she was an alpha cat and probably a one-person cat. I interchangeably called her Kuttie ("Cutie") and Kuttie ("Cutty" as in Cutty Sark) Nicknames included Miss Cutty, Mizz the Cutie, Ms. Girl, goober kitty, Miss Fuzz, and Kuttie Kuttie root-patootie, hanging from a telephone wootie.
Kuttie and Regina